6.0

1999 Chevrolet Silverado accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado:

1999 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Aug 012010

Silverado LT 6.0L

I purchased my truck brand new. Kept it garaged, basically a weekender. This is why the miles of 37,000 are so low. Noticed several months ago that the drivers seat moves forward and backward about an inch upon acceleration and braking. It is very annoying. I asked the dealership if they can tighten the glide back up and they said no. They would need to put in a whole new seat assembly which I was quoted between 1500 and 2000 dollars. So I deal with the annoyance. This truck is still NEW and the seat glide should not be faulty after so little miles. The truck is not abused in any way and maintained regularly.

- , Chico, TX, USA

May 122010

Silverado LS 5.3L V8

I think there is a safety risk with the seats. In a panic stop situation or worse yet a collision, the seat(s) may break loose and slide disabling the driver from maintaining control and/or braking. This should be a recall repair immediately!!!

- , Ontario, CA, USA

Aug 042009

Silverado LE 5.3L V8

I have a problem with my 6-way power seat track. The seat shifts forward and backward about an half inch when braking and accelerating. It's not too much of a concern, but it's extremely annoying. I find that the seat stays put when it's all the way forward or back, but that's not too practical of a fix. It looks like the gear on the track is either loose or broken, but I hope there's an easy fix...

- , Stafford, VA, USA