1. reprogrammed the torque converter (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Silverado drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado:

1999 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Apr 132000

Silverado 1500 5.3L V8

There was a "growling" noise coming from somewhere at 40 -42 mph never heard it above or below those speeds. I don't remember what the dealer said it was but I had heard that they needed to reprogram the torque converter from someone on the internet. When I took the truck in for whatever the dealer said it was I also had them reprogram the torque converter so I wouldn't have to make another trip on a different day if their fix didn't do it. I'm not sure which fixed the noise but I haven't heard it since.

- , Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA