9.0

2000 Chevrolet Silverado accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado:

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Oct 262013

Silverado 1500

i tried to start the engine and the ignition key will not turn.

it's stuck in the off position.

- , troy, AL, USA

May 232011

Silverado 5.3L

The key has not been able to rotate to the accessory position since around 30,000 miles. Not long afer that I was the only one that could start it. Now at 170,000 the wife and daughter have started drving it and the problem has gotten to the point I can not start it. If the steering wheel happens to lock then I am screwed as it must be free before the key will turn. I have tried forcing th wheel left and right , rocking it left and right, holding pressure on it I have found that if I use the tilt steeing in a rough manner I can get the key to release the steering wheel and start the truck. I first lower the steering wheel and then throw it upwards and when it hits the top stop the key will turn.

- , Vincennes, IN, USA