2000 Chevrolet Silverado drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado:

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Apr 162008

Silverado Z-71 5.3L V8

This is more or less me trying to find some help. I went wheeling with my friends one day and ended up hitting a rock pile which snapped my drive shaft into. I replaced the shaft but now notice that it is leaking out of the back of the T-case and I am going to replace the seal cause it does not look to hard if i take the drive shaft and yoke out, but I also want to fill the T-case up, but I went to look under it and have no idea how to. I am certified in drive trains but just recently so i have taken one apart but never taken one out of a vehicle. So i was wondering if someone knows how to fill it, or if i should take it out and fix it. Thanks and sorry its not really a complaint about the manufacture its more my fault

- , Traverse City, MI, USA

Oct 222006

Silverado 4.3 V6

I purchased this vehicle a few months ago. Silverado 4.3 V6 engine. At 1100 RPMs, no matter what gear the transmission is in, you can feel a vibration and hear the growling sound associated with it. If you coast and RPMs drop through the 1100 range, I can notice only a slight presence of either situation. It definitely is more pronounced when gas pedal is applied. I have a friend with a 2001 Silverado 4.3 V6 which does the same thing. Only thing I know to do is take to a dealership to be checked.

- , Jackson, OH, USA