7.0

2000 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado:

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jun 182011

Silverado LS 5.3L V8 Vortec

Okay, I have a 2000 chevy Silverado 5.3L V8 with 50,000 miles. I bought it from a previous owner and it had been sitting for a while. After a few weeks of driving it I soon was having to turn it over 5-7 times in order for it to start. Even though it WILL start everytime after you turn it over half a dozen times its just a royal pain in the ASS, also an embarrassment. I have tried to put fuel additives in with every time I fill up for about 3 fill-ups to try and get the gunk out of the fuel lines if their was any but as usual, this has not changed anything. I have read all the other complaints with this truck and I too have inaccurate fuel gauge. And last but not least I too have a "Rough" idle and start. if anyone has a solution with the tough starting hit me with a reply. Seriously.. this is annoying the f*ck out of me and wanting to drive it into a lake/ ravine.

On another subject i have a squeeky belt, all Idid was replace the Serpentine belt tightner its just a plastic circle with a bearing in the middle that was wore and was squeeking there is 2 of these and i replaced both of them. They cost around $18-$20 dollars at NAPA.

- , Onawa, Iowa, USA

Dec 102008

Silverado 4.3L V6

the truck been great until now. when i need it the most; here it is nearly Christmas and i need to work and i cant cuz my truck is messed up. . . it just turns over, but wont crank and i don't understand what the deal is. i think it could be the fuel pump but i hear it come on when i turn the key on so it is coming on but wont crank. i dont know what the hell it is. so what do you suggest?

- , Nettleton, MS, USA

Jul 192006

Silverado 1500

replaced coil in this truck 3 or 4 times for no start, also replaced cap and rotor 2x as well as plugs and wires. Truck still runs rough. 1 cat converter was somewhat blocked, other one is ok. just replaced fuel filter as well. engine is skipping. Oh yeah, also needed a new engine at 40,000 miles

- , Centerville, MA, USA

May 302004

Silverado

replaced pick up coil in distributor;engine still not getting fire to plugs. truck was running killed it to go into store came out and tryed to crank it , so i checked the fuel first and then the fire.

- , Mineola, TX, USA