8.0

1. sealed wheel bearing bad (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Silverado steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado:

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Nov 052006

Silverado Z71 5.3

I purchased this truck new Dec 2000 and have only 58K miles on it. I have had nothing but problems with it. Power windows have gone out 3 times, the brakes and rotors have had to be replaced two times (and need it again), the front wheel bearing has gone out (sealed unit at $150 if I do the work), the four wheel drive lever fell off-- among many other problems. I have never taken this truck "off roading" . I cannot imagine how it would fall apart if I did. I will never purchase an American Auto again!!!! Nothing but trouble. The truck has under 60K miles and I'm afraid to go on a vacation in it. At $32,000 I'm sure I can purchase a foreign vehhicle that will last longer than this---at much less money! No wonder Chevy and Ford are having so many problems.

- , Akron, OH, USA