8.7

2001 Chevrolet Silverado brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado:

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Feb 102003

Silverado LS 4.8L V8

It's terrible that there is only a recall in the Salt Belt states. I've replaced abs sensors 3 times, they activate at slow speeds like at intersections when your slowing down. I gave up on them and just unplugged sensors to use conventional brakes. Much safer than gambling on faulty abs sensors.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 032011

Silverado

The Abs Sensor went out or was bad on my truck and when I took it to the dealer, I ended up having to pay for a new hub and sensor, this is the second one. These are under recall but my vin didn't match, what a crock, These people are ripping the public off, it's back to Ford I go...

- , Jeffersonville, IN, USA

Aug 112010

Silverado 1500 2WD 4.8L

THE ABS SENSOR AN CALIPERS ARE A PIECE OF CRAP MATERIAL PARTS ARE MADE FROM SCRAP METAL THE RUST OUT TO FAST AND THEY ARE TO DAM EXPENSE TO PAY FOR CHEV PEOPLE WAKE UP GET REAL PARTS THAT ARE MADE IN THEU.S.A. OR CANADA NOT SOME OTHER COUNTRY. I HOPE THERE IS A REALCALL ON MINE BECAUSE 2GRAND IS A LOT FOR A PERSON WHO IS ON A FIX INCOME TO HAVE TO PUT OUT? IF ANY ONE KNOWS ABOUT ANY RECALL TELL EVERY ONE.

- , Cambridge, Ontario, Canada