2001 Chevrolet Silverado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado:

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Oct 112000

Silverado

To whom it may concern. My name is conrad duval and am employed at auburn metal fabrication as a shop supervisor.the company recently purchased this new vehicle which I use to go back and forth to work.well to get to the matter at hand the air bag light was staying on so we brought it in for service.a small mouse or rodent found a way into the fuse box and nauyed all the wiring and made a nest.I would think this compartment should be made less accessible to a mouse.damage is estimated at 2 to 3 thousand $ something is not right here.whats to say this won't happen again after its repaired.I would think this would not be safe if it wen't undetected.

- Turner, ME, USA