7.2

2001 Chevrolet Silverado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado:

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Aug 012011

Silverado LS 4.8L

I am just trying to get a solution or recommendation as to what to do! It's having difficulties starting.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 012009

Silverado V6

I have to turn the key on 3 times just to get fuel to engine seems like.

Unless the truck has been running recently

without starting the truck I can hear the pump running when I turn on the key, then I hear something like pressure relief from the tank area..... so I know the pump is pushing fuel, why does it have a problem starting?

- , Cape Girardeau, MO, USA

May 012005

Silverado Extended Cab V6

It takes at least two tries to start the truck, unless I used it within the last couple of hours. Its not the battery, If I turn the key to on without starting it, that makes it work. It feels like it isn't getting fuel on the first try.

- , Milwaukie, OR, USA

Sep 232009

Silverado LS 5.3L

probem started approx 2 weeks ago, will not start on the first try unless the engine was just shut off. HELP.....

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 012005

Silverado LS 4.8L V8

When I start my truck it usually take two to three trys before it starts. Has anyone had this problem and had it fixed? What was the fix?

- , Redding, CA, USA