7.3

$3,500.00

1. repaint (2 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Silverado body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Mar 012012

Silverado 2500

click to see larger images

paint is flaking and peeling off paint is flaking and peeling off paint is flaking and peeling off

Granted we have paint chip from rocks hitting the front of the hood, and a small issue we wanted to take care of. When we had 3 estimates for repainting the truck, each shop stated that GM only rust coated and did not prime the vehicle so it is bubbling and chipping. I wrote to GM they replied with a phone call and email. Asking me to go to the dealer ship where we purchased the Silverado. Up doing so, I was brushed off treated rudely. Giving us a feeling to think about the next truck being a FORD truck, This is our third Chevy truck, our last one we had for 26 years.

- , Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Nov 122010

Silverado LS 5.3L

Bought the truck used I did not do my homework, money drunk and fell in love with it . Always wanted a newer outfit. Spent 11,000.00 130,000 miles roughly then the problems started. Love the truck ok! Knock sensor, engine tick 4wheel drive growl in the front when disengaging. Runnin around the other day in AWD and 4 wheel service flashed dont know why. Was this year just a lemon or what love the body style and looks as well as the ride, anybody else same complaints? Please let me know. mels2sonkc

- , Ryegate, MT, USA

Jul 012012

Silverado

Anyone else out there having this problem? I have been told that the paint on 2002 Chevy Silverado's is more prone to chipping, flaking, and coming off than in most models. Is anyone else having this problem? It is frustrating.

- , Prospect, KY, USA