- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2002 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2002 Silverado drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clunking noise3
- rear axle leak3
- u-joint is bad on the drive shaft2
- auto 4wd broken1
- transfercase failure1
- NHTSA: Power Train5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Constant Velocity Joint2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Hubs1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Universal Joint1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.