2002 Chevrolet Silverado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jul 042015

Silverado 5.3L V8

I changed out ignition switch on my 2002 Silverado 1500 and now it won't start. I mean it doesn't do anything. All lights and other electrical things work but it doesn't even attempt to crank and I have no idea how to unlock the security passlock system. I was just wondering if that could be bypassed somehow or what I need to do so I can drive my truck again. I have used the same key that I've always used to start it since I've had it so apparently putting the key in the ignition for 10 mins doesn't work.

- , Eddyville, KY, USA