1. replaced injectors (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Silverado fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Dec 212009

Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L V8

GM under suit extended the warrantee to 7 yrs and 200,000 miles since the injectors were bad in model-year 2001 through 2004. Since I purchased the truck in 09/2002 they refused to pay any of the $4100 it cost me to place the bad injectors....simply because I was technically 3 months over the 7 year warrantee. I even offered to pay half. I call 1-800 chevy number to file a complaint and was funneled to a district "supervisor" -Amy- who finally returned my multiple calls just to tell me they were not paying 1 red cent. I was further insulted with a future sales rebate on a future purchase of a GM product. So this is how they repay their patrons, those of us who bailed them out of bankrupcy, they cut their own throats. I will NEVER again buy a GM. And, as a teacher I will put in the ears of every student I teach from now on....just how loyal GM is to its customers.

- , Boonsboro, MD, USA