1. remove water from light fixtures (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Silverado lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jan 032012

Silverado LS 4,8 V8

This is the second time ,the first time was about a year ago. The light holder was about half full of water and blew the signal light bulbs. I removed the water and replaced the bulbs. On 1/3/2012 my 11 year old grand- son told me I had water in my signal lights, they were about a 1/4 full. Lights still working. I took the light fixtures out ,poured out he water and sprayed them with my water hose. Water would go in the top, and the top of the ends. The bottom would retain the water. I caulked the top with a water-proof caulk. Hope this fixed the problem. The grill curves back on top of the signal light case putting water on top of the lights. the recess on the top lets the water into the light case. Seal the case or drill a small hole in the bottom of the case to let the water out. (suggest about a 1/4 inch pilot hole.)

- , Rome, GA, USA