2003 Chevrolet Silverado accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado:

2003 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Nov 132013

About 6 months ago I replaced the fan resistors because only 2 of the speeds were working on the fan. Once that was done all speeds worked fine. About 2 months ago my starter went out and I replaced it. Once replaced the truck did not start, found a bad ignition switch and seemed to work OK. Several weeks later I was driving and the 2 brake lights on the dash came on and the audible alarm. The a/c fan stopped and the truck would not change gears. I made it home and could not find a problem. It happened again and found the wires going to the ignition switch over heating and replaced the ignition switch again. I have not run my a/c in a while and have not had any problems. But the problem that caused the fan to stop has not been identified.

- , Silverhill, AL, USA