4.0

2003 Chevrolet Silverado accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado:

2003 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Dec 202012

Silverado LS 5.3L V8

All my gauges stopped working after noticing the language changed to Spanish twice. I thought I had accidently changed something on the programming. When all the gauges went out I went to a dealer on Christmas Eve and they were not open, then went to a private mechanic and neither were they open. I left and about a quarter of a mile down the road I heard a sound like an electric motor starting. All my gauges came back to life. A couple of months later I notice the tachometer had stopped. If I revved the engine in park it would move but otherwise it was reading zero.

I assume that the electric motor on it needs to be replaced. The rest of the gauges are still working today nine months after they all stopped. Probably a computer chip interrmitent problem.

- , Anderson, IN, USA

Mar 232007

Silverado 5.3L V8

The tachometer stopped working. I purchased the vehicle in July '03 and it only has 36000 miles on it. Chevrolet says that this will cost me $550 to fix. I attempted to contact their customer support and they refused to acknowledge my message. Don't know what my next step is.

- , Woodbridge, VA, USA