2003 Chevrolet Silverado electrical problems: electrical short drains battery when parked

Electrical Short Drains Battery When Parked

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

8.0

2. fix short in cluster bad solder (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Silverado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado:

2003 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Mar 092011

Silverado Limited 4.8L

Battery would go dead in after sitting two days--

I did a lot of testing and found that when I removed the cluster from the dash and left the truck everything was fine-I double checked by re-installing it and the problem returned-I went on line and found a repair service - It cost $70.00 including shipping to repair-Dealer cost is around $300.00 + or - Also-- anyone can remove -

Dick

- , Saint Albans, Vermont, USA

Dec 052007

Silverado 2500 4WD Small V8

Elect. short drains battery when parked. In addition the dash instrument gauges only work some times.

- , Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada

Oct 262007

Silverado

This electrical short is draining the battery. The dashboard works sometimes, you never know how fast your going, how mush gas you have or anything that may come up. I have had a electrical engineer look at it and a person from GM and they can't figure it out. WE think we fixed it then we drive it hit a bump or turn off the truck and everything goes black. It is just a pain in my ass and just BS that you spend 35K on a truck built to last and after 3-4 years you are left with a piece of sh*t.

- , Westmont, IL, USA