8.0

2. reboot the computer by disconnecting the negative (1 reports)
  3. replaced orginal starter with a good one from napa (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Silverado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado:

2003 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Sep 022011

Silverado HD 6.0L

While driving ac will cut off,truck drops down to 1st gear and stays there,abs,parking,airbag,alarm lights turn on and stay on. Once truck is turned off it will not restart right away. Have checked starter relay,cleaned wire connections, battery is good.sometimes when you hit the relay fuse box it will start.

- , Galveston, TX, USA

Apr 152011

Silverado 5.3L

Just share your beef with others and hope that they had the same problem and share the fix with you. What else can one do?

- , Penetanguishene, ON, canada

Oct 012009

Silverado

I have had a series of electrical problems with this truck;

1. AC would only work intermittently

2. The radio would turn on, change stations, etc. but no sound!

3. The keyless entry works intermittently

4. The blower works on high only, and last but not least

5. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) I turn the key and nothing happens. I shut if off and wait about 1 minute and then it starts. Several years ago I took in to a shop and they told me that the battery was no good and the low voltage would cause problems with the computer. So after replacing the battery and rebooting the computer everything was fine for about 2 years and then "things" starting happening again. So, now I reboot the system myself and it seems to cure the ills for several months.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Sep 162010

Silverado 1500 4.8L V8

Intermittent starting problems are a bitch! I've taking this piece of crap to the shop for this stupid starting problem and never a result. I've been towed numerous times. Stranded atleast fifteen times. I really just want to fix this problem. I dont understand that nobody knows the solution.

- , Santa Rita, Guam, Guam

Nov 192009

Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L V8

I bought mine new in Dec 2002. It started with intermittent "NO start" problems along with a host of other electrical problems around 16,000 miles. Once I thought I fixed the problem while beating on the steering column, however it turned out to just be a coincidence, as I had also rolled the truck down hill into the sunlight (heating from sun increased cab temperature). The problem usually only occurs during winter months when temps drop quickly with high humidity. Vehicle has been to the dealer in excess of 15 times. It has been towed 4 times, twice from remote locations, immediately following a cold front with heavy precipitation and temps below 30 degrees. I've been stranded 3 times while traveling out of state for ~ 3 days each time. To date the dealer has only duplicated the failure condition ("NO START") on one occasion and they immediately pulled it into the garage. Dealerships always have the vehicle towed into a nice warm garage and it usually starts after it is unloaded from the tow truck.

I've personnaly bought and replaced the starting relay twice (easily accessible under the hood), no fix! I've met one other person with this problem and he simply got rid of the truck after a side impact that basically totaled the vehicle. Chevrolet's outstanding technicians (more than 10) have offered no help and they seem cluless about the concept of duplicating failures which are obviously associated with outside environmental temperatures. When I recommended they remove parts for troubleshooting and place them in a freezer they asked me why I would do something like that!

- , Ft Walton Beach, FL, USA

Nov 172009

Silverado V6

I need to know what to do. My 2003 Silverado has issues starting sometimes. If I hit the steering column it will sometimes start.

- , Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Nov 302008

Silverado 1500

I'm not sure what is causing the truck not to crank sometimes. I have had the battery checked and it seems to be fine. Someone help!!!

- , West Columbia, SC, USA