2004 Chevrolet Silverado AC / heater problems: blower fan stopped working

Blower Fan Stopped Working

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

6.0

1. replaced heater resistor assembly myself (4 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado:

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jul 172012

Silverado V6

Speeds 1 and 2 stopped working and in a regular cab, the 3 setting is just too cold to keep on. The part was in stock at AutoZone and was easy to install. No Special tools needed, and there was a youtube video about how to replace the part on this exact model.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA

Nov 012010

Silverado LS V6

AC Blower stopped working, found out a plug to the blower (right under the glove box) had a short. It fried one of the plugs and melted the plastic wrapping around the plugs.

I cut the thing out and pulled the bad plug out, wrapped it in electrical tape and connected the whole thing back together.

My blower is working again but only on #2 and #4 setting.

I'm going to recheck all the connections again. I wouldn't bother contacting a dealer or going to a shop to fix this. With a little bit of experience with wires it isn't too hard to fix and jurry-rig.

This is the third Chevy truck and this one has had the oddest problems by far.

- , Deltona, FL, USA

Jan 212010

Silverado 1500 5.3L V8

As others have reported, first the "5" fan setting stopped working... probably around 60,000 miles on odometer. Now, all settings are broken at 135,000. I'll probably try to fix it myself.

- , Elk River, MN, USA

Sep 172008

Silverado 2500HD 6.0L

Blower fan resistor went out. OK, stuff happens with parts, I accepted the fact; went to dealer and bought new resistor for around $35 to $40. When I went to install it, one of the pins in the plug was fried. Back to dealer for what I expected to be a $15 plastic plug..SURPRISE...Guy pulls it up on the computer and tells me it is $90.I tell him that he must have misunderstood the part I wanted, as a plastic plug could not be that much; so he turns the monitor for me to see and shows me the part number and price again. $90 for a plastic plug with a few 18ga , 8" long wire stubs hanging out; what a rip off.

- , River Ridge, LA, USA

Jun 132006

Silverado LS 5.3L

The A/C will not work properly on low speeds with this problem. GM does not stand behind it. If you find it after your warranty runs out, they will not help you one iota and will charge you dearly to fix it unless you bring the vehicle into them regularly for maintenance checkups!

- , Kittery Pt, ME, USA

Jul 152007

Silverado LS 1500 5.3L L V8 AUTO

just will not work after lvl4. no noise, no tq increase no nothing. seems like it is another off button.

- , Watertown, NY, USA

Sep 242007

Silverado 1500 V6

first my high blower stopped, then all the other speeds stopped working. i can't get a definite quote from the dealerships. they want me to bring it in and have them dig into it. but they want to charge me for diagnosing it. convenient that this happened just 5 weeks after my factory warranty expired! i'm so annoyed. i knew i should've bought a ford truck!

- , Independence, MO, USA