8.7

2. fixed grounding issue in engine compartment (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado:

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Sep 012010

Silverado 2500

Ok guys and girls here it goes. I drive a 2007 Chevy Express van as a company issued vehicle, recently like the rest of you I started having a problem with my speedometer cluster. To my surprise I stumbled onto something that could very well be an easy fix to this menacing problem, now I say MAYBE because it worked for me, so after I explain go ahead and try it and see if it works.

Ok, when my speedometer started to flake out on me I started to investigate myself cause my company had no time to check. What I stumbled upon was while I was installing my power door locks I tapped into the ground that was on the passenger side wall of the engine compartment, well in time that screw had worked itself loose. When I would shake it around while the cluster would start doing some funky things, after tightening up the bolt everything was fine. Now I am not saying it is the exact location of the problem but it is worth the time to look for a loose ground before dishing out 5-6 hundred dollars to get it fixed. Well good luck and let me know how it goes.

Aloha,

gkblister

- , Kaneohe, HI, USA

Jun 022010

Silverado Z71 5.3L

It all started with the Volt meter going dead. Then the following month my fuel gauge decided to do whatever it felt like. I tried to get some sort of reading off of it so I wouldn't end up on the side of the road like a dumbass because I ran out of fuel. I felt I couldn't ignore it any longer so I called a dealer and ran my vin number. I did fall under the 7 year 70,000 mile special deal (not a recall, which should have happened). They now have to verify this problem with my truck then order the part.

- , Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Jan 032010

Silverado 4.5L

The Chevy company needs to be held responsible for this. It seems to be a defect in the dash panel. People should'nt have to pay through the nose to fix a problem that the company made. This truck has only a little over 47,000 ,miles and things a breaking already?? Common sense will tell you it's the companies fault?? Stand up and take responsibility!!!!

- , Hemingway, SC, USA