9.5

1. replace brake lines (22 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado:

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 112010

Silverado Z71 5.3L

BRAKE LINE ON LEFT FRONT RUSTED OUT CAUSING LOSS OF BRAKES. HAD TO DRIVE INTO A DITCH TO AVOID AN ACCIDENT WITH OTHER CARS. I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK NEW. THIS IS THE 2ND NEW TRUCK FROM CHEVROLET THAT I HAVE HAD. I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER

- , Colona, IL, USA

Nov 212011

Silverado Z71 5.3L

FIRST TIME IT WAS THE FRONT LEFT BRAKE LINE AND I DROVE INT A DITCH TO AVOID AN ACCIDENT. THIS TIME THE RIGHT BRAKE LINE BLEW OUT AND I HIT THE CORNER OF MY GARAGE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE DOLLAR AMOUNT WILL BE TO REPAIR EVERYTHING, BUT AT LEAST THERE WAS NO LOSS OF LIFE OR BODILY INJURY EITHER TIME. I OWN 4 DIFFERENT CHEVERLOT'S AT THIS TIME, I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER AND WILL GET RID OF WHAT I HAVE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER ONE, I WILL VOICE MY CONCERNS TO EVERYONE I MEET AND TALK TO.

- , Colona, IL, USA

Aug 162011

Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L

Continue to have rust issues with this vehicle including replacing rotors, differential cover, and other frame/running gear components. must have used some very cheap steel for parts manufacturing. My next truck will not be a GM product.

- , Horsham, PA, USA

Sep 022010

Silverado 1500 3.6L V6

I bought the silverado new, but it seems to be a real rust bucket. had brake failure due to brake line corrosion.

- , Franklin, TN, USA