2004 Chevrolet Silverado brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado:

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Oct 142013

Silverado Z71 5.3L

I purchased my 2004 Silverado new and have had the rear brake pads, rotors and calipers replaced at 69,000 miles and the front pads rotors replaced at 80,000 miles. My problem is no matter how hard I try to brake it's like driving an old car without power brakes. The brakes won't lock up, the truck eventually stops and due to the fact that I'm not a fast driver and don't tailgate this has not been an issue yet, I just hope I never get in an emergency situation where I have to lock the brakes up to stop I have read where other owners of Chevy trucks from these years also have the same problem.

- , Charleston, WV, USA

Aug 242014

Silverado 5.3L V8

brake pedal goes to the floor and absolutly no brakes

I cant believe this!! Ive read all over the internet that the booster was recalled because a seal would blow out and lose your brakes. That was back in 04! But now I call chevy and they tell me there isnt any recalls on my truck! Thats bull because i know of 4 recalls on this vehicle. I can tell my brake lines have already been changed to stainless steel lines, so the owner before me must of changed them. (im the 2nd owner) The brakes on this truck are terrible! They are always spongy and soft! People all over are crashing the trucks because of this problem! It needs to be resolved!

- , Drummond Island, MI, USA