- May 4: GM Recalls Trucks and SUVs For Dangerous Steering Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 16 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 18 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 23 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 36 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2004 Silverado drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clunking noise when accelerating3
- automatically engages 4 wheel drive2
- sounds like front carrier collar trying to engage2
- grinding noise coming from the rear of the truck1
- NHTSA: Power Train7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Universal Joint2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Hubs1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.