- May 25: GM Duramax Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 5 days ago
- May 18: GM Recalls Chevy Spark to Fix Passenger Airbags recalls | 12 days ago
- May 18: Crash Tests: Tesla Model S, BMW i3, Chevy Volt and Toyota Prius Prime news | 12 days ago
- April 30: GM Headlamp Driver Module Recall Investigated investigations | 30 days ago
- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 86 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2004 Silverado drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clunking noise when accelerating3
- automatically engages 4 wheel drive2
- sounds like front carrier collar trying to engage2
- grinding noise coming from the rear of the truck1
- NHTSA: Power Train8
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Universal Joint2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Hubs1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.