6.0

2004 Chevrolet Silverado transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado:

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Oct 132010

Silverado Z71 5.3L

on my 2004 Silverado z71 when my transmission changes into drive 2 it makes a clunking noise it has 60,000 miles on it. i bought it in 2007 used with 35,000 miles on it. it made the clunking noise when i bought it and the Chevy dealer said it was just because it was a electronic transmission.i had the transmission flushed and new fluid put in at 61,000 miles and now it is starting to slip when it shifts in 3rd gear.also say i want to make a right or left turn into a side road and if i don't wait till the trans kicks down into a lower gear it will slip. does anyone have a idea what might be the problem with the trans. the check engine light is not on at all. im . my warranty ran out and i cant afford to put a new tranny in.i was told it might be micro screens tore or the shift solenoid. then another person said that it might be the pressure control solenoid.does anyone have a idea what it might be.

- , Frederick, MD, USA

Jun 022006

Silverado

I purchased my Silverado new and after 5,000 miles I started hearing a noise when shifting gears(AUTOMATIC) I took the truck in and they could not hear it? told me to come back when something broke. I waited for the breakdown and finally took it back after the problem got terrible. They could not hear it? However the did find a bad yoke and u joint. Neither fixed the problem. I was told that the Silverado has a natural clunking noise when shifting. I phoned GM and they told me it did not and sent me bak to the dealer guess what he could not hear it? I am still dealing with the problem as I creep up on my warranty expiration go figure. This is why GM is going broke and Honda is growing. They will never get another dime of mine!!!!

- , Grove City, OH, USA