- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 13 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 21 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 34 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 44 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 63 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2005 Silverado drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loud clunk in rear end when starting from a stop9
- grinding sound3
- transfer case control module failure, 2 HI does not work3
- can't switch to 4WD2
- won't shift into overdrive2
- driveshaft blew apart1
- harmonic noise from drivetrain1
- loud clunking noise when turning1
- NHTSA: Power Train9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.