- May 18: GM Recalls Chevy Spark to Fix Passenger Airbags recalls | 5 days ago
- May 18: Crash Tests: Tesla Model S, BMW i3, Chevy Volt and Toyota Prius Prime news | 5 days ago
- April 30: GM Headlamp Driver Module Recall Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 79 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2005 Silverado drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loud clunk in rear end when starting from a stop9
- grinding sound3
- transfer case control module failure, 2 HI does not work3
- can't switch to 4WD2
- won't shift into overdrive2
- driveshaft blew apart1
- harmonic noise from drivetrain1
- loud clunking noise when turning1
- NHTSA: Power Train9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.