- March 30: GM Recalls Chevy Trax and Buick Encore to Repair Power Steering Problems
- March 24: Chevy Malibu Recalled To Fix Sensitive Sunroof Switch
- March 25: Family of Ignition Switch Victim Brooke Melton Settles GM Lawsuit
- March 14: Chevy Volt Recalled After Carbon Monoxide Sickens People
- March 13: GM Lowers Warranty Coverage From 100,000 Miles to 60,000 Miles
2005 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2005 Silverado drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loud clunk in rear end when starting from a stop9
- grinding sound3
- transfer case control module failure, 2 HI does not work3
- can't switch to 4WD2
- won't shift into overdrive2
- driveshaft blew apart1
- harmonic noise from drivetrain1
- loud clunking noise when turning1
- NHTSA: Power Train2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.