- November 8: GM Recalls Compressed Natural Gas Trucks and Vans
- October 27: GM Recalls 1.4 Million Cars After 1,345 Fires
- October 21: Chevy Malibu Owner Kristin Hopkins Sues GM After Crash
- October 17: GM Recalls Vehicles For Airbag and Ignition Switch Problems
- October 14: GM Recalls Vehicles For 3rd Time To Fix Melting Power Window Switches
2005 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2005 Silverado drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loud clunk in rear end when starting from a stop9
- grinding sound3
- transfer case control module failure, 2 HI does not work3
- can't switch to 4WD2
- won't shift into overdrive2
- driveshaft blew apart1
- harmonic noise from drivetrain1
- loud clunking noise when turning1
- NHTSA: Power Train10
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.