- August 23: General Motors Recalls Chevrolet Impala Over Airbag Problems
- August 14: GM Recalls 73,000 Chevrolet Cobalt Cars Over Airbag Failures
- July 20: GM Recalls 10 Chevy Cruze and Chevy Volt Cars
- July 11: GM Recalls 98,000 Cars For Radio and Seat Belt Problems
- July 10: GM Recalls 686,000 Vehicles With Liftgates That Fall On You
2005 Chevrolet Silverado
Worst 2005 Silverado drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loud clunk in rear end when starting from a stop9
- grinding sound3
- transfer case control module failure, 2 HI does not work3
- can't switch to 4WD2
- won't shift into overdrive2
- driveshaft blew apart1
- harmonic noise from drivetrain1
- loud clunking noise when turning1
- NHTSA: Power Train10
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.