4.0

2005 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Silverado:

2005 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Mar 092010

Silverado 2500HD 6.6L

It only happens after I had driven and had to kick into the passing gear (hard acceleration).

- , Belle Chasse, LA, USA

May 202009

Silverado LS 5.3L V8

This problem is driving me insane. The truck runs awesome first thing in the morning. After i drive it and get it warmed up it starts to act up. When i pull up to a stop light or a stop sign the truck acts like it wants to stall out. So I'll have to give it a little gas with my other foot on the brake to keep it going but when i take off and clear it out it won't do it again for a little while. It just acts like its not getting enough gas or it's bad gas.I don't know if somethings plugged up, or maybe the throttle positioning sensor is going out. I have no idea what the problem is. If anybody could help me troubleshoot this it would be greatly appreciated.

- , Clarksville, TN, USA