9.3

1. had to replace 150.00 should be recalled (2 reports)
2006 Chevrolet Silverado AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado:

2006 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jul 032013

Silverado LS 5.3L

Had to find a connector in a junk yard and re-wire the connector in order for a/c heater to work. I still have problems with the a/c as it shuts off and the heat comes on. Have to stop truck, shut it off, restart the truck, before a/c works.

- , Niota, TN, USA

Dec 052010

Silverado LS 4.3L

Why in the hell hasn't some thing been done? I've owned chevys my whole life. now simple stupid sh*t that they know there's a problem with wiring to blower motor for defroster and air, my 2006 silverado almost burnt and i should of let it. well guess i will be shopping for a new truck. I guess i am very disappointed...... merry Christmas kids i thought they would of recalled it so i waited now its not warm enough in western new york to even think about driving..........................................Wtf.......

- , Sinclairville, N.Y, USA

Dec 302008

Silverado 1500 5.3L

The heater connector glowed red hot, threw sparks when on high. My problem for one is the cost of the connector 88.00. I unhooked the connector it was ruined, the resistor costs 54.00. why does this cost so much? why is this not recalled? this is a real fire hazard. at least make it available for aftermarkets so the regular joe can afford to fix there vehicle.

- , Wabash, IN, USA