2006 Chevrolet Silverado miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado:

2006 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Sep 252006

Silverado

In attempting to purchase a 4X4, lwb, 2006 Chevy Silverado-hd truck from bartow Chevrolet, they refused to furnish me with written proof that the recalls listed for this vehicle were not in the lot of recalls listed on the internet. Further, the GM supplier discount office and the Chevrolet marketing department also refused to furnish this written proof. Bartow Chevrolet told me that since I requested this written proof, I couldn't trust them and since I couldn't trust, they were not going to sell the truck to me; because I, as the consumer, wanted written proof that this vehicle was safe to drive and would not cause harm or death to me or anyone else in this vehicle. To me, it was a fair consumer request to ask bartow Chevrolet to provide written proof that this was a safe vehicle to drive, that all of the recalls had been fixed, and that anyone driving or riding in this vehicle would also be reassured of being safe from bodily harm and/or death.

- Tampa, FL, USA