7.3

2. replace (1 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Silverado accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado:

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Dec 032013

Silverado Extended Cab V8

All of my speakers quit working except 1 tweeter on the driver's side. it's horrible sounding. The radio works fine except for that. I had to go to Detroit (my hometown) for business, and after driving 11 1/2 hours all of a sudden everything kicked on. (Of coarse the volume was full blast) I thought, great, it fixed itself. Everything worked fine for 3 days, then quit again. I want to fix the problem, but I don't know if it is the radio not sending a signal to the speakers or if it is my speakers. I don't want to replace a perfectly good radio/speaker for nothing.

This was also a major problem when I tried to use OnStar, I could not hear the operator, which caused me to go way out of my way. I'm just glad I didn't have an emergency where I needed the phone or OnStar because without the speakers they both are useless.

- , England, AR, USA

Nov 012013

Silverado LT 4.7L Or 8

Speakers stopped working along with cab light when opening door. Had vehicle in about a month ago for work and asked them about it. Was told that they were not aware of any problems addressing these issue's, and that my speakers were probably going bad. How could the speaker impact the light? Something is rotten in Denmark here, and to stand there and lie to my face- well, this should be investigated and a recall issued to fix an obviously factory (crummy parts) problem. I see that this is a widespread problem after reading this website, and I would think that Chevy would like to retain their customer base and do the right thing here.

- , St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Jun 262012

Silverado 5.3L

One of the door speakers quit working in my 2007 Silverado. At work we also have a 2008 Silverado as a pool vehicle, and all of the door speakers quit working in it, and only the tweeter speakers in the posts are working. It is unbearable to listen to with only the tweeters working. I'm afraid my other door speaker will go out in my Silverado and I won't be able to listen to the stereo or use the phone. I would like to know the cause of the problem, and how to fix it.

- , Fairmont, WV, USA

Mar 012013

Silverado LS 5.8L

For the past year the radio volume would quickly go to next to nothing. Then back on. But mostly it's barely audible. Same with CD. Searched this site, and saw that others had the problem. Almost sounds like the amp. Checked antenna, etc. New radio in my future?

- , Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jul 012010

Silverado

Sometimes only my tweeters in the post play, sometimes just the right or left side plays, but never all of them at the same time. Mostly just the tweeters play. I hate it. May have to trade for a Ford. Never owned a vehicle that was not a Chevy but after this 2007 Silverado, I am very disappointed in Chevrolet.

- , Mulvane, KS, USA

Dec 092010

Silverado 5.3L V8

Both rear speakers and front right (passenger side speakers--door and at dash level) have no sound. Bought the truck new in August 2007. Problem started occurring after the 3-year, 36000 warranty ran out. I did not purchase additional warranty. I have been putting up with the problem since about December 2010. The "open door with key in ignition" alarm is barely audible and seems to come from the left, front (drivers side--dash level) speaker. I can still hear the radio through the one speaker that is working, but is definitely annoying with rear passengers in ext. cab trying to hear something from the one tiny dash level speaker that works. The problem has moved around over time---certain speakers worked, while others did not, and they eventually quit working until I have what I described above. GM obviously does not use quality parts in their stereo systems. I am not impressed! While very annoying and disappointing, I would like to get it fixed, but can't see spending the money on this, when I have many other pressing priorities for my hard earned income.

- , Waynesboro, VA, USA

Sep 172010

Silverado LT 4.8L V8

GM sound systems are total junk. Radios from Walmart perform for longer periods then GM radios. My truck was only 3 years old when half the speakers stopped working. I'll replace it with an aftermaket unit.

- , Patterson, LA, USA

Aug 212008

Silverado

I just wish i could find out why two of the six speakers dont work it is the 6 1/2 in door speakers can someone tell what causes this problem and how to fix it

- , Titusville, FL, canada

Aug 022011

Silverado 1500 5.3L V8

All four speakers in the doors on my 2007 Silverado quit working, then to top it off they are molded into the door panel, this is a crap design...only reason is to make assembly fast at the factory, these guys could care less what it costs to fix. Speaker coil show open when check with a meter......make in Mexico.... I have never heard of this until I started looking on line and find it is common occurrence.

- , Cynthiana, KY, USA

Jul 012010

Silverado 5.3L

Design/engineering defect. Speaker wiring harness wearing. I have On-Star, and of course with that XM Radio, Safe and Sound, etc. The speakers work from time to time, but have a will of their own. Not till i've starting having problems did I find out that a fleet of government GM service trucks I am responsible for, have the same problems. One of my fellow employees just purchased a fairly new Silverado just about like mine, except mine is a 4x4, and, is having same problems. What is really disturbing is that last Tuesday, our area had a downpour of rain and on my way to work noticed a car overturned over an embankment. Three passengers were upside down in their seat belts and couldn't get out. I used my On-Star to call 911 and because the only speaker that was working was on the passenger side pillar, I had to turn up the volume as loud as I could just to hear them. I kept asking the operators and emergency personnel to repeat because I could bearly make out what they were saying. What's disgusting is that the two older cars that I have the stock radio systems and still work fine. I might have to discontinue my On-Star service that GM has been pushing as one of their major purchase package.

- , Stedman, NC, USA

Mar 012010

Silverado 1500 LT Classic 5.3L

I FOUND OUT THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. MU BUDDY'S DAD WORKS AND CHEVY IN THE PARTS DEPARTMENT SO I WILL FIND OUT WHATS WRONG. ITS A GOOD TRUCK BUT BULLSHIT THAT THE SPEAKERS ARE NOT WORKING. CHECKED EVERYTHING. AMP, HEADUNIT, HARNESS, WIRES, SPEAKERS. IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SPEAK UP!!!

- , Sarasota, FL, USA

Aug 102009

Silverado (NBS) W/T Crew Cab 4.8L V8

This happened 8k miles out of warranty. My extended coverage plan I purchased through GM will not honor the speaker as an "electrical repair " & the dealer wants over $140 to replace the speaker. NOT COOL... Now I'll just wait for the rest of them to go & buy a nice in dash DVD system & speakers. I just have a feeling On-Star will take a dump if I do that. & I do like my On-Star.

- , Crestview, FL, USA