2007 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems: engine light is on

Engine Light Is On

2007 Chevrolet Silverado

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

7.5

2. keep taking it back to dealer (dont give up) (1 reports)
  3. they said that had to move the air intake sensor (1 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado:

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jan 102013

Silverado LT 5.3L

My 07 Silverado had oil consumption problems a year ago, got that fixed under extended warranty and now I understand the lifters are bad. After talking with a few people this seems to be widespread problem with the 07,08 and 09 models of the 5.3 motors. If I understand this correctly it causes the check engine light to come on, traction control and tire monitor lights all come on and off. I wonder why GM doesn't have a recall if this is a common problem on these vehicle. I have always loved Chevy but now I will never buy another GM product and tell everyone to stay away from these over priced vehicles. General Motors is not concerned with customer satisfaction or their reputation.. .

- , Alamo, TN, USA

Oct 032009

Silverado LX 5.3L V8

I was driving home from the gym. I only have about 25,000 miles on it. I had a check engine light come on. So I pulled over, checked my oil, water, all good. I wanted to call to see the hours of operation for the dealer, and to my surprise found out that they just now are open on Sat. So I talked to one of the guys and they told me to bring it in. We I took it in I found out that it was 3 days out of warranty. Need less to say I was pissed. Its had to take your truck in during the week and drop it off to let them work on it. What do they think we don't need our cars to get to work or other things. But come to find out the were having a problem with these sensors, I asked if it was a recall item. Since they were having problems with them. They would get clogged and send out the light. He said no and it was going to coast 180 dollars for a kit to move it to a new location.

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jul 252008

Silverado LS 4.8L V8

Check engine on with a warning " fuel cap loose". Replaced fuel cap (bought from dealer), but the check engine light still there (some time off but mostly on). Could not get inspection sticker due to check engine appeared on dashboard. Not sure if it under warranty.

- , Katy, TX, USA

Jan 082008

Silverado LT Duramax Lbz

THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT WOULD NOT TURN OFF WHEN I WOULD TAKE IT TO THE DEALER THEY WOULD TELL ME THAT THE BATTERY HAD BEEN DISCONNECTED (I MEAN DONT EVERYBODY DISCONNECT THEIR BATTERIES BEFORE THE GO TO BED AT NIGHT LOL...) ANYWAY THE REPLACED THE COMPUTER THAT CONTROLS THE SECURITY AND OTHER THINGS BUT IT DIDN'T WORK IT TOOK 4 TRIPS TO THE DEALER 2 COMPUTER TECHS AND A CENTRAL OFFICE MANAGER TO FIX THE PROBLEM. 12.334 MILES NO PROBLEMS YET

EXCEPT FOR THE STEERING BOX MAKING STRANGE NOISES OH WELL BACK TO THE DEALER AGAIN...

- , Stockbridge, GA, USA