6.0

1. replace the lines (3 reports)
  2. replace with aftermarket lines (1 reports)
2008 Chevrolet Silverado transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Silverado:

2008 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Nov 162009

Silverado WT V6

I,m upset that the dealership would not replace the transmission under the power-train warranty. The dealership has a bulletin on transmission cooling that this is a manufacture defect. The dealership told me that transmission cooling was not covered and I should pay for the repair which will cost about $300.00 to replace, which I have not replace yet.

Still talking to my service rep and all they reply is to basic maintenance and that the transmission cooling lines will leak. I have had GM vehicles all my life and never had a transmission cooling line go bad.

- , Hampton, Virgina, USA

Apr 102013

Silverado LT 6.6L Duramax

Contacted dealer and they said this was a isolated problem. I disagree, do a search on the internet, it is a common problem. Most people purchase an aftermarket transmission line and throwaway the stock transmission cooler lines.

- , Renton, WA, USA

Dec 192012

Silverado 5.3 Flex Fuel

Transmission cooling lines leaking. Also clunking noise coming from the rear end. GM did cover the transmission work under power train warranty. However GM will not cover cooling lines under power train warranty they say its routine maintenance. The dealership service representative stated that if the truck was 3 yrs older he could see it as maintenance and yes the lines could leak due to age. Also stating this is a common problem. That leads me to think poor design. GM refuses to take care of this issue. I have been a loyal General Motors customer for 30 yrs only own GM products and this is the Thanks I get. Well this will be the LAST GM product I will own, will NOT be buying another because of this issue and the failure to take care of there loyal customers.

- , Traverse City, MI, USA

Mar 012011

Silverado LT 5.3L Flex Fuel

Transmission lines leaking at the transmission cooler. GM will not cover under power train warranty. GM has a new part number, and admit they know there is an issue, but refuse to take care of it. $700. Talking to the service manager at my stealership this is a very common problem, his own truck even had the issue.

Truck has been bullet proof otherwise. Likely will not buy another GM product because of this issue.

- , Metro, MN, USA