7.3

2. replace dashboard (1 reports)
2010 Chevrolet Silverado accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado:

2010 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jul 022012

Silverado LTZ 5.3L

This truck was only 2 years old when I first noticed the dashboard peeling, it has since started cracking as well.

- , Chandler, AZ, USA

Mar 012013

Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 5.3L

Obvious problem throughout the trucks. If it has not happened to yours, it will. There is no way for the plastic dash to expand and contract. Contacted the dealer, no help. In touch with the district service manager, not helpful thus far. I realize I am out of my warranty, but it is a design problem. If you have one, eventually, your truck will do the same thing.

Update from Mar 18, 2013

Original statement from the dealer was I had to contact GM because I was out of my warranty. As of today, my dash was ordered and to be replaced from my dealer. All taken care of by the service manager at the dealer. Kudos to them. As for GM rep, well, let's just say I would hold my breath. I was told there is now a different vendor, different chemical makeup of the dash. Original does not stand up to the heat from the sun.

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA

Apr 012012

Silverado LT 5.3L

There is no way, with the amount of complaints I have read, that GM is not aware of this design/assembly flaw. They should make it right. After paying 30-40K for an auto you certainly don't want this happening. GM's reputation is at stake. They made BILLIONS in profit the last 6 quarters after the taxpayer bailout, now show us (taxpayer) what we paid for, good service or just to pad your pockets.

- , LaGrange, GA, USA