2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 282014

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. While driving 30 mph, the vehicle started to shake and rattle until the transmission was shifted into six cylinder mode. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the front driver side tire was not balanced and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred shortly after. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Mason, OH, USA

Jan 132015

Silverado 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The drivers side front tire alerted it was low on air. Stopped and checked air pressure but it was ok. I returned home and the next morning the drivers side rear tire was flat. Swapped the tire with the spare and took it to the dealer. The air pressure display on the truck is reversed. The indicator for the front tire is showing the rear tire. The rear tire is showing the pressure for the front tire. They are fixing it now, not sure of the trouble yet.

- Lebanon, TN, USA

Nov 202014

Silverado 1500

Purchased Silverado new Oct 2014. Driving dry clean highway, approx. 35 mph, rear right tire completely exploded. Did not hit anything or anyone, just blew. Tire was a Bridgestone H/L 684 II that came on truck at time of purchase from Chevrolet dealership. Of course tires are not covered under warranty.

- Section, AL, USA

Feb 112014

Silverado 1500

Was driving in the right hand side lane just went through a intersection. Less then a minute later the tire burst and my steering wheel was forced to the right and I hit the curb, bending and denting my wheel. I didn't hit anything or go over anything. Got out of the car and the tire was completely flat. Had to call a mechanic friend to come and help take the wheel and tire off and put my spare wheel and tire on. When the tire came off there was no nails or sign of impact on the tire. On the inner side of the tire that faces the motor there is a 3-5 inch skinny jagged crack straight line on the side wall part. I always keep plenty of air in my tires there was no tire pressure warnings on the car before I left. I have a screen shot of my tire pressure an hour before this incident occurred. This happened to my front passenger side tire. The tire is defective but the dealership I have bumper to bumper warranty with won't do anything. They state I must have had let the tire pressure get low or I must of hit something. I have proof my pressure was fine and I didn't hit anything. The crack is on the inner part of the wall if I would hit something it would been on the tread part or on the outer wall.

- Saratoga Springs, UT, USA