2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 062016

Silverado 1500

Took my 2015 Silverado 1500 in for the seat belt recall. When I picked it up it appears that they just cut the rubber dust protector to enlarge the hole. On new unsold trucks they stated that they will replace the entire assembly why not on our new trucks!. I spent over 40K on my truck for this hack job! I think GM should replace all of these with new as this is terrible workmanship!

- Allen, TX, USA

Jul 032016

Silverado 1500

The vehicle was a total loss. Loss control while avoiding a deer. Slid into ditch. Hit a driveway entrance. Was airborne approx. 15 yards. Nose dived into the ground and went back across the ditch into a field, turned left and went into a wooded area of pines. Left front fender made contact with a pine ( about eight inches thick ) partially up rooting and continued on to wedge between two pines. Air bags failed to deploy and the seat belt tighten up so tight that I had to use a fairly large screw drive, that I had in the center console, to beat the release in order to unlock the seat belt. With the vehicle getting airborne and nose diving into the ground and the impact of the left front fender into the tree, the air bags should have deployed. The vehicle was traveling South East on a highway it was approx. 9:30 pm.

- Crawford, GA, USA

May 252015

Silverado 1500

I was stopped at a red light and struck from behind by another smaller vehicle pushing me into a minivan in front of me. On initial impact, the drivers seat was dislodged from the mounting frame. When I hit the minivan in front of me, the airbags did not deploy and my shoulder seat restraint did not engage causing my eye to strike the steering wheel. I have nerve damage as a result of the seat belt not engaging and the airbags not deploying. The vehicle sustained enough damage, including frame damage, that it was considered a total loss. It was 6 weeks old at the time of the incident. I was the only person in the accident who required medical attention. I believe the seat mounting failed, the airbags failed to properly deploy and the shoulder restraint significantly failed. I have pictures indicating the seatbelt fully extended, but did not engage, and will no longer retract. State farm is holding the vehicle pending a possible investigation by NHTSA.

- Brookhaven, GA, USA

Mar 192015

Silverado 1500 4WD 8-cyl

While traveling with the radio on, the radio volume went off. Other radio information on the video screen appeared normal. Onstar volume was also off. Also when seat belts were disconnected while driving there was no audible signal. After stopping and restarting the vehicle everything was normal.

- Benson, MN, USA