2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Silverado 1500

While in motion, I've noticed a shaking coming from the rear end of my 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 double cab. My truck sits on factory 20 inch rims. I've had the wheels balanced when I replaced the tires. Shaking continues. Shaking more noticeable after reaching speeds of 60 M.P.H. and above. I've been told by the service manager of the dealer I purchased the truck from that it is a known issue but there is no fix or solution. The shaking first started after the truck reached 10,000 miles and has not gotten any better in the past 5,500 miles. The problem is persisting and possibly getting worse.

- Olyphant, PA, USA

Sep 012016

Silverado 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Truck began to have the Chevy shakes about the 12K mile point and has increasingly gotten worse the more mileage the truck gains ( currently 14K miles) I have called and talked to technicians about this and they ensured me that its normal. I've owned several trucks and I have never not been able to go over speeds of 55 without having terrible shakes and wobbles in my truck. Chevrolet needs to address this properly and fix the issue or buy back the trucks that are affected by this issue, when a person spends 50K + on a vehicle this should be the last thing the should have to worry about is feeling safe in their vehicle. I will never buy another Chevrolet product again due to not only this but a number of other issues I have with the truck including hard shifting and extreme lack of power.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Jun 012015

Silverado 1500

Excessive vibrations while driving. Mainly on the highway. Been to 2 different dealers with no resolution to my issues! don't feel safe with driving the truck I think my Chevy has the a case of the Chevy shakes! please help

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Feb 012016

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. While driving approximately 75 mph, the rear of the vehicle was unstable, swerved, bounced, and vibrated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who installed new shocks, but the failure continued. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the leaf springs were faulty. No further information was available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,000.

- Volborg, MT, USA

Jul 072015

Silverado 1500

The trucks have a vibration that is felt in the steering wheel, floor, seats, accelerator and brake pedals etc. While driving. The major consensus it that the worst speed it 76 mph, yet it is felt to a lesser degree at any speeds, with some being worse than others. There are a large number of trucks with this issue, yet General Motors refuses to do anything about it. It began within a couple weeks of purchasing my truck. I found people first reporting the issue in 2015, and more recently it continues with the 2015 and 2016 model years.

- Hanover, MA, USA

Oct 312015

Silverado 1500

October 31, 2014 on my home from work I heard a bang. The truck pulled very hard to the left taking me into the concrete barrier that divides the highway. Vehicle was in motion us highway 41/45 65 mph. After the truck was investigated at the dealer to give an estimate on the damage it was discovered the left rear axel was broken. Questioning the dealer about this issue and not getting anywhere I talked to different mechanics that I know after a week or so it was discovered there was a recal for insuffcient heat treated rear axles talking to the dealer and I was told this did not pertain to my vehicle as the recall was taken care of at the factory. I cantacted Chevrolet and was told that because I had given the ok for the dealer to make the repairs. My insurance company would need to fole paper work against Chevrolet which myself I believe is wrong. I was also told by the dealer broken axle was typical of this kind of impact. There is no damage on the side panel or rear of the truck I do have pictures on my phone which I have not downloaded to my computer.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Aug 012015

Silverado 1500

Has a vibration at 65, turns into a bad shake at 75.

- Kirklin, IN, USA

Oct 192015

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. While driving at high speeds, the vehicle shook and vibrated extensively in the front. Upon turning the vehicle off and restarting the vehicle, there was less shaking, but the strong vibration continued. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the bed cover was aftermarket and the wind was causing the strong vibration and shaking to occur. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure continued. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Monroe, GA, USA

Jul 162015

Silverado 1500

Bought the truck noticed there is a shake when driving from 60-80 took it back same day I bought it and they said oh we know what it is it's the tires so the replaced them nope didn't fix it so took it back they replaced two more tires inthe front saying the new ones had a balls on them so took it home and nope didn't fix it so took it back againand they drive it and say it'sthe drive shaft so they fix it I take it home. It's still not fixed. It makes for a very uncomfortabledrive. We bought a 46,000 truck and there's problems with it. Really scared something wrong is with it and thedealer duo is not helping. If you go past 80 the truck whistles like a siren. Please help me I travelallot and have kids

- La Feria, TX, USA

Jul 282015

Silverado 1500 4WD 8-cyl

New truck, 15372 miles, no off roading or rough surface driving. Pulls to the right. Concerned about suspension/steering failure. The vehicle pulls to the right. Two Chevy dealers have looked at the issue with negative results. There is no reason other than manufacturing error that would cause the problem. Both Chevy dealers have reported that the tires are in good condition and one did an alignment. The alignment, I paid for, did not resolve the issue. I am concerned because I use the vehicle to pull a travel trailer as it is designed for. Chevy, in my opinion, is not responsive to my concerns. I am concerned about loosing the ability to control/steer the vehicle if the unidentified issue is not discovered or resolved by Chevy. I propose that defective parts, or tires have been used on the vehicle when built and they are failing. Sincerely the consumer stated the vehicle pulled the right. Updated 10/15/15

- San Marcos, CA, USA