9.6

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 062016

Silverado 1500

I purchased my truck in August 2016. I noticed a vibration from 70-80 mph. Very noticeable in the steering wheel and more recently in the driver seat. It's been to the dealer twice. They picoscoped (service tool) to isolate the vibration. Performed lots of balancing, new tires, drive shaft, differential (ring & pinion). Vibration more noticeable than ever. But they claim it's within spec. They have a field service engineer meeting my car at the dealer on Wednesday 11/09/2016, but the dealer is already setting me up for disappointment. This prompted me to search on line today where I found "Chevy shakes". the stories match my experience completely. I love everything about my truck until I hit 75, then I become so infuriated that my $50K truck with 2,700 miles apparently isn't going to be fixable from what I've read. I wouldn't know what to tell a potential buyer if for some reason I had to sell it. It clearly has a problem. If I'm told it can't be fixed, I will demand my money back. I'm at 75 every day, and the vibration isn't only annoying, but it numbs your hands from the shaking.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Aug 222016

Silverado 1500

My truck shakes on the highway at 68-75 mph, the truck is one month old and has 800 miles on it. The vehicle has been back to the dealer every week for the month that I have owned it tires & wheels have been changed several times. The truck has been road force balanced the same & also by an independent tire shop at my own cost, as of this date my vehicle still shakes, GM has admitted the problem but they say it is not a safety issue at this time, so no recall is warranted, the dealer has been working with me & they are willing to buy my vehicle back at full value or trade, this vehicle was very expensive & GM knows there is a problem, but keeps selling them any way to unsuspecting consumers like myself in my opinion this is just greed & lack of caring for loyal customers that keep GM in business. "remember the bailout"

- Medway, MA, USA

May 212016

Silverado 1500

This is the second time I take my vehicle into the dealer it's a 2016 Silverado 1500 it has a vibration that comes from the floorboard on the driver side through the driver's seat starts about 60 65 miles and it up to about 70 72 73 somewhearound that area nutra balance is now the second time around they tried road force balancing worked for about 30 miles vibration back.

- Miami, FL, USA

Apr 252016

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle vibrated violently without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the tires were balanced and the front passenger side tire was replaced but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 308.

- Manahawkin, NJ, USA