2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 112016

Silverado 1500

Went to make left turn on wet road an it didn't turn it slide an kept going straight.it just doesn't stop it slides yes vehicle was moving the road was wet made this same turn for the last 30 years in many Chevrolet Silverado trucks an this has never happened different time everyone all traffic stops at once I tried to stop an I slide in to a vehicle so hard it hit the vehicle in front of it before stopping there are 4 of these trucks bought at the same time same truck same tire on all 4 vehicles and there all driving an acting the same way

- Alvord, TX, USA

Oct 082016

Silverado 1500

Vehicle shakes at speeds above 60 mph. The shake is in the vehicle and not in the steering wheel. Tires have all been replaced under warranty and problem still exists. Vehicle has approximately 1,200 miles on it and problem has been apparent from initial purchase. Vehicle has now been to dealership 3 times for approximately 10 days in total.

- Valatie, NY, USA

Oct 252016

Silverado 1500 8-cyl

I am having an issue with my new 2016 Silverado and a vibration at highway speeds. I took the truck back to the dealer where it was purchased with around 340 miles on it. I was told they could do nothing until I had 1000 miles on the truck (they stated they could not get paid by Chevy for warranty items). That ticket stated they rebalanced my tires. This had no change. I took the truck back after 1000 miles. The dealer did a road force balance. This helped very little. Now, at 1345 miles, it is back in the shop. They state they will do a picoscope on the truck and check the axle. I should mention the underlying issue is a vibration that can be felt at speeds in excess of 65-70mph. It is more prevalent from 70-75mph. I have filed a complaint with GM, reference case 82405350103. This appears to be the same issue for the 2014-2015 models referred to as the "Chevy shake". one more attempt and I will likely start lemon law procedures in ga. I would like someone to seriously investigate GM on this complaint. There are plenty of forums with people complaining about the same issue. This could be an extremely dangerous issue if it is tire or wheel related, or even drive shaft related.

- Canton, GA, USA

Aug 222016

Silverado 1500

My truck shakes on the highway at 68-75 mph, the truck is one month old and has 800 miles on it. The vehicle has been back to the dealer every week for the month that I have owned it tires & wheels have been changed several times. The truck has been road force balanced the same & also by an independent tire shop at my own cost, as of this date my vehicle still shakes, GM has admitted the problem but they say it is not a safety issue at this time, so no recall is warranted, the dealer has been working with me & they are willing to buy my vehicle back at full value or trade, this vehicle was very expensive & GM knows there is a problem, but keeps selling them any way to unsuspecting consumers like myself in my opinion this is just greed & lack of caring for loyal customers that keep GM in business. "remember the bailout"

- Medway, MA, USA

Jul 052016

Silverado 1500

Tread separation on Bridgestone tires during normal operation, travelling on an interstate highway at normal speed. Tires were factory installed and at the time of the accident had approximately 9,500 miles on them. Tire, fortunately, did not deflate but a large section of the tread separated and released from the tire. Vehicle is owned by avis.

- Vestavia, AL, USA

May 212016

Silverado 1500

This is the second time I take my vehicle into the dealer it's a 2016 Silverado 1500 it has a vibration that comes from the floorboard on the driver side through the driver's seat starts about 60 65 miles and it up to about 70 72 73 somewhearound that area nutra balance is now the second time around they tried road force balancing worked for about 30 miles vibration back.

- Miami, FL, USA