4.6

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

Apr 152005

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Actuator for split climate control (drive/passenger) blows hot when A/C is on and temperature shows that cab should be cool. This has happened several times since I bought the truck.

- Bandana, KY, USA

May 252008

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Thermostat defective and replaced at 5-6,000 miles. Waterpump went at 40,000 miles. Parts were replaced by dealer. Water pump replaced by my mechanic at my cost. 40,000 miles seems like a low amount for a waterpump.

- Easthampton, MA, USA

Feb 102007

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado crew cab 4 door with 48000 miles and I have noticed the transmission hesitating on take off. I have a keyless entry and sometimes my rear doors will not unlock with remote or door switches an I have to manually un lock them. I also notices last night in traffic with A/C off the temp got above 210 deg. F.

- Panama City, FL, USA

Dec 092005

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD

The contact stated on three occasions the heater failed while in use. The first and second time the dealership cleaned the heater core. The third time, the water pump was replaced. There have been no further problems.

- Webster City, IA, USA