2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

Mar 062007

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Evap emission failure.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Apr 162007

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

Continuing problem with loss of acceleration/power but only when it is not raining or when the humidity is below 95%. this results in poor fuel economy. I also witnessed the evap purge solenoid making unusual/loud knocking sounds. Been to dealer 6 times for this performance issue. The only code found was for defective evap canister. It ran better but did not fix it. With my scanner, it takes almost a week to finish system testing on the evap circuit where it only takes one warm-up and cool-down to finish testing on all the other circuits. My suspicion is that the evap purge solenoid needs to be replaced. I'm tired of paying $100 diagnostic fees to be told "there's nothing wrong with the truck". I know better since I've driven and worked on my own trucks for more than 20 years now.

- Sapulpa, OK, USA