2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

Jun 022016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Fuzion tires size 265/70R/17 both back tires with only 5,000 miles developed a bulge on the tread and had to be replaced

- Merced, CA, USA

Jun 142006

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The intermediate steering shaft is loose and make a lot of noise while driving

- Merced, CA, USA

Oct 242015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Rusting brake lines in hard to reach areas of the vehicle that normal washing doesn't clean. I was slowing down for traffic getting of the highway when my brake pedal went to the floor. I used the E-brake to get home and when I arrived home I crawled underneath the truck and found where the hard line goes to the flex line over the rear end it had split. I repaired that and now right next to the gas tank in split again 3 weeks later pulling into the driveway at my home.

- Converse, TX, USA

Dec 292014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I bought my truck, 2005 Silverado Z71 from a used car dealer in December 2014. I love the truck. I live in Maine. We have state inspection laws that are enforced by the police. When the inspection sticker ran out in January 2015, I was unable to get a new one, due to the frame is badly rusted. I called the dealer I bought it from and he basically told me to get bent and that it wasn't his problem, even though he assured me I would have no trouble getting an inspection sticker when the time came, at the time of the sale (I could only assume he was right, because the truck looks perfect). I understand that he is just trying to make a living, like the rest of us, and do not hold it against him. I do not, however, understand how GM can get away with making vehicles that cannot last 10 years. The truck is perfect, inside and out, it runs great, yet you can take pieces of the frame off with your bare hands. I now have a $260/month payment for the next 3 1/2 years that I am stuck with. I cannot sell the truck for nearly what I bought it for 8 months ago. I went ahead and called the corporate office of Chevrolet yesterday, and after 3 separate calls, I was put in contact with a higher-up and he told me there was nothing that could be done to help me, as the manufacturer's warranty has expired. He also said this is the first complaint he has heard, "I mean, come on, this is a 10 year old truck". doubt it. Anyways, this a definite safety concern, as I don't think my truck would fare too well in a collision. I will not let my 6 Y/O daughter ride in it. I would also just like to say that due the amount of rust on the frame of my truck, it has been going on for several years, and I only wish someone had pointed this out sooner, and maybe then it would have been covered under the factory warranty, though I seriously doubt it after speaking with donald yesterday.

- Strong, ME, USA

Jan 112010

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

My trucks brakes catastrophically failed for the third time two weeks ago. Luckily these failures happened in a driveway or low speed with no accident results. The latest brake failure happened without warning, just a week after hauling my loaded horse trailer through the mountains. We could have been killed or killed someone if this brake failure happened a week earlier. While backing up, about 6 inches from hitching the trailer, the brake pedal went to the floor and brake fluid poured out. The same thing happened Aug. 2014. I have spent thousands of dollars in the past fixing issues with the ABS sensors, brake lines, et al. This truck just turned 100,000 miles. This should not happen, ever! I live in the northeast, lots of salted roads but these parts must be junk. I have never had another vehicle with problems like this. This is a major safety issue and GM has to remedy this problem asap. It has been happening for a long time and they are dragging their feet in recalling the '05 and newer trucks.

- Bernardston, MA, USA

Sep 022007

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Airbag light on. Prdn321 no light to see, what gear, I'm in. Heater and light isn't working. Goes into 4X4 on its own, no responce when pushing buttons, to put into 2 wheel drive.loud clunking shifting into and out of gear, .

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 022014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

While doing an oil change on my 2005 pu I noticed enough buildup of rust on the brake lines that I stopped driving the truck. I have had pu trucks (Ford) since 1972 and never had an issue with brake lines although I had the trucks for 10 yrs. This is a serious issue of negligence of GM. I am 75 and never had this issue although I had cars and trucks (and motorcycles) since I was 16. I believe this is more serious than ignition switch. Thank you

- Devon, PA, USA

May 022010

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

4 wheel drive automatic shift to take the 4 wheel drive in and out messed up had to change the servo out.the other issue is the bearing hub for the front wheel hubs 4 wheel drive has a defect I have had these hubs changed out 3 times at a very costly price.

- Minoa, NY, USA

Mar 282010

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Chevy Silverado and Chevy Suburban with same problem. Check engine light comes on. This could either mean to check engine or that the gas cap is loose. Engine was checked and so was gas cap. Nothing wrong. Servicer turned off the check engine light. Next time truck was started up the light came on again.

- Oviedo, FL, USA