2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

Mar 182010

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

At slower speeds, when braking my ABS activates on dry, clean pavement, almost 80% of the time. This causes my truck not to be able to stop properly and I'm afraid this is going to cause an accident. From reading over the internet I have read thousands of complaints by numerous Chevrolet vehicle owners of the same complaint. My truck has 34,000 miles and I do not believe that wheel bearings should have to be replaced due to an issue Chevrolet has had on the majority of it's vehicles for almost 10 years.

- Jamestown, NY, USA

Oct 152009

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

2006 Silverado 1500. Unintended low speed ABS activation. The ABS activates when coming to a stop increasing stopping distance by 15-20 feet making a rear end collision inevitble. When GM was notified, they stated that there was a recall for the problem I described, but my vehicle did not fall within the model year, when asked if GM was going to expand the recal, I was told "no". everybody is jumping on Toyota prius for thier brake issue, yet GM goes unscathed with thiers. The ABS activates below 10 mph on dry/ clean pavement and is increasing in frequency.

- Bethel, CT, USA