2.5

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

Apr 042016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Driving down highway the service stailbitrack control comes on with reduce engine power. The truck hesitates and can not get up to speed. I travel the highway everyday and this is a very serious problem.

- Scranton, PA, USA

Mar 032016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Body control modulator went out and I was driving with break lights on which is hard to tell until I figured out my cruise control wasn't working. Dangerous! also, throttle body position sensor went out and shut my engine down to low power mode while I was driving on the highway. Also very dangerous!! also realized this was a common problem among many people online.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Feb 052016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

This makes the 3rd time it's been in the shop this month for the same than the check engine light, track control, stayble control engine reduce power.

- Webster Springs, WV, USA

Dec 262015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Winter of 2014, Silverado would engage it's stabilitrack control. When this happens it slows the speed at which the truck could go if it sensed the roads may be icy. The truck would move but very slowly and it felt as if you had no control over it. Even when braking it seemed to not want to brake. Dangerous if it felt to engage while on the road. We removed the fuse that was associated to the stabilitrack and for a moment worked. Then while searching on you tube, we found that a sensor was replaced on other trucks. We replaced the sensor and it stopped it. Truck has been good until this winter 2015-2016. Now the internal temperature of the truck has to be at least 33 degrees or higher in order for it to start in the mornings. Otherwise it is dead. I have to get rides to work, since I work in town, I am able to have someone drive me back home between 9am and 10am to come get my truck, cause by that time it usually is warm enough for it to start. Unless the whole day is going to be below 32 degrees, well then I am just sh*t out of luck! there are no recalls, but I know I can't be the only one who is having this problem. You tube shows many videos with these trucks and how after they do one thing, it works, then they have to do another and another. I think that GM needs to fix these issues for free. It should be a recall. I just can't be dishing out money whenever the truck decides it wants to not work, GM has to know exactly what is wrong, instead of just saying one thing and then another to get our money. We are already paying for the truck monthly, don't think GM is hurting for money. GM do something about this!!!! I have always been a loyal Chevrolet consumer, my thoughts are changing.

- Hale Center, TX, USA

Feb 022015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Driving 65 on cruise control when check engine, stability control lights came on. Message center said reduced power I got to a small service garage and he told me I should shut it off wait 15 minutes and it will reset and it did. I drove another 80 miles again the same thing happened. The first garage guy told me it was a GM issue and I should go see them they should repair it. He said it was a problem with the throttle body assembly and in the cold it get sluggish and GM should fix it because they had problems with some of them. It happened again 20 miles later. I got back to the GM dealer where I purchased it he confirmed it was they throttle body assembly but didn't have time to replace it. He offered to clean it (free of charge) and sent me on my way telling me if it happened again I should make an appointment to replace (approx. 400-600 dollars). I done some investigating on this matter and found this was a common issue. I stopped at another GM dealer and explained my problem he confirmed the original theory checked the VIN # and told me GM is fixing this problem for 10 years from the original purchase date. I guess I need to stop buying from my original GM dealer where I had purchased my last two vehicles. I have not had a problem with it again but I have only driven 600 miles since then.

- Adell, WI, USA

Jan 022015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

I was riding at about 25 mph engine reduce power light came on, engine had no power to pull. Engine stabilizer control light came on. This is about the third time this has happen. The first time it happen the vehicle had less than a 115,000 miles on it. The second time it happen I call the dealer they replaced a sensor on the throttle body. They told me if it didn't work that I would have to replace the throttle body out of my own pocket. Now it is doing it again. I think it something wrong with the throttle body system from the manufacturer. If this happens on a major highway it could cause injury or a fatality.

- Gray, GA, USA

Dec 192014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

While driving to work in heavy traffic, my 2010 Chevrolet Silverado with 27,000 mile suddenly lost power and slowed from 50mph to 25mph in a matter of seconds. Due to the extreme reduction in speed with out my brake lights being engaged, a vehicle following me had to make an emergency maneuver, turn in the right lane, and almost struck a third vehicle. Three warning messages were given that included, engine power reduced, traction control off and service stabilitrack. The vehicle started to run extremely rough and I pulled into a parking lot. While in the parking, lot I researched the above listed messages and found that several other owners have experienced the same problem that has been linked to the throttle body system and the intake. I then researched if any recalls have been issued for this vehicle. I found that a service bulletin was issued but not a recall. I was also surprised that this issue appears to have nothing to due with stabilitrack. I then limped the vehicle home at 20 mph. When the vehicle would shift from first to second gear it would lung forward violently. I later called the pitre GMC, in albuquerque nm, and spoke with a service representative. I asked him if a recalled had been issued for these vehicles in reference to this type of incident. He stated that he did not know of a recall but I could drive it down to their service department and they could check the codes on it. I was surprised by his response instructing me to drive an unsafe vehicle. I believe this issue needs to be addressed due to the likelihood of a motor vehicle crash that could result in sever injury or death. Hopefully GM and NHTSA will not wait until there are numerous deaths to address this problem. This is potentially as dangerous as the ignition switch issue that killed several people. I am a generational Chevrolet consumer, but that will probably change.

- Rio Rancho , NM, USA

Dec 122013

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

This has happened twice in the last week. Today I was sitting at a stoplight with my foot on the brake and suddenly without warning my 2010 Silverado accelerated and lunged forward about 3 feet. Fortunately there was not a car or person in front of me or I surely would have had an accident then the engine started missing. At the same time my check engine light came on. Service traction control, service stabiltrak, engine power reduced flashed on my dash. I limped home at 10-15 mph max! after about an hour I started it and it ran just fine "both times". the first time this happened I was in a parking lot with the transmission in park. It is now at my local Chevrolet dealer for repair.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Feb 152012

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

I was driving 35mph when my truck lost its stability control and droped me from 35 to 10 in a matter of seconds, and the car behind almost hit my truck. The power steering also was tough to operant. The truck has 44000 miles on it. What would happen if my truck was on the freeway?

- Gilbert, AZ, USA