2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

May 232016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Started getting an "service SRS system" dic notification and SRS. I was able to narrow down the cause to opening the drivers side front door. Used a scan tool to read the codes and it was throwing code B0085 symptom 00 which is a side impact sensor. Replaced side impact sensor and issues persist with the same symptoms. I was directed by a few mechanics that Chevrolet had changed the gauge of the wires and they have seen multiple failures within the shielding which does not have any signs of wear. Using an ohm meter I tested out the sensor wires and sure enough when the door is closed the wire has contact however if it moves at all it breaks creating an open loop. I have looked over every inch of the harness and there is zero signs of wear on the protective cover, tape, or even the wire insulator itself.

- Casselberry, FL, USA

Mar 192014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Entire vehicle shut off as if the key were turned off, this has happened many times- I lose power steering, all electrical, steering etc. Very frustrating bc Chevy states that there is no recall for 2010 model Silverado so I'm expected to pay out of pocket"?" this isn't right- I've always been pleased with my Chevy but not with this one.

- Spring, TX, USA

Dec 192014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

While driving to work in heavy traffic, my 2010 Chevrolet Silverado with 27,000 mile suddenly lost power and slowed from 50mph to 25mph in a matter of seconds. Due to the extreme reduction in speed with out my brake lights being engaged, a vehicle following me had to make an emergency maneuver, turn in the right lane, and almost struck a third vehicle. Three warning messages were given that included, engine power reduced, traction control off and service stabilitrack. The vehicle started to run extremely rough and I pulled into a parking lot. While in the parking, lot I researched the above listed messages and found that several other owners have experienced the same problem that has been linked to the throttle body system and the intake. I then researched if any recalls have been issued for this vehicle. I found that a service bulletin was issued but not a recall. I was also surprised that this issue appears to have nothing to due with stabilitrack. I then limped the vehicle home at 20 mph. When the vehicle would shift from first to second gear it would lung forward violently. I later called the pitre GMC, in albuquerque nm, and spoke with a service representative. I asked him if a recalled had been issued for these vehicles in reference to this type of incident. He stated that he did not know of a recall but I could drive it down to their service department and they could check the codes on it. I was surprised by his response instructing me to drive an unsafe vehicle. I believe this issue needs to be addressed due to the likelihood of a motor vehicle crash that could result in sever injury or death. Hopefully GM and NHTSA will not wait until there are numerous deaths to address this problem. This is potentially as dangerous as the ignition switch issue that killed several people. I am a generational Chevrolet consumer, but that will probably change.

- Rio Rancho , NM, USA

Aug 252014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado. While driving approximately 35 mph, the traction control warning indicator illuminated. The dealer stated that the steering control sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 41,000. Updated 11/24/14

- Pocahontas, AR, USA

Oct 112011

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

Engine and electrical system shuts itself off, this has happened more than twenty times since we have owned this vehicle and GM just ignores it.

Sep 172010

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Right after I bought the truck in 2010 I notice right off my brakes weren't working right.so I got in touch with the dealership and they told me to bring it in I took the truck in and they had one of their employee to take it for a drive around town he came back and said nothing was wrong but I still had the problem so icalled them back again and then they told me to get in touch with General Motors so icalled them and talk to 2 different people there and then General Motors called ramey Chevrolet in richland va and they told general motor that where welive in the mountains that it would cause the brakes to do that but the only mountain I have to cross is the one going to the dealership but it not a high elevation to climb to where I would have to use my brakes alot and this is not the only problem I have had out of my truck they had to put some sensors on the motor because the truck just up and quit on me coming home one evening and I have had to have some new rubber seals put around the doors due to water coming in and causing my floor board to rust out and I have all my paper work on the work I have done on it my truck is suppose to be still under warranty and this has all happen in the first year I own the truck sincerely.

- Mavisdale, VA, USA

Apr 092014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Driving approx 55mph down a highway when vehicle suddenly slowed to 30 mph and several messages came to dash (engine power reduced, traction control off and service stabilitrack). Due to sudden drop in speed, I was involved in a near miss accident from a following vehicle I took the vehicle to be serviced at the Chevrolet dealership and they replaced the throttle body sensor. Due to a previously identified deficiency with the throttle body (identified by Chevy) there was no charge for replacement after picking the vehicle up from the dealership and driving the vehicle 5 miles, the vehicle suddenly slowed and the messages reappeared. The vehicle was taken into the dealership and the pedal accelerator sensor was replaced. The mechanic explained to that the throttle body sensor was identified to be a problem by Chevy. He also explained that the throttle body sensor and the accelerator pedal sensor work in conjunction and that he frequently sees the accelerator pedal sensor failing to operate as intended, resulting in replacements. However, he explained that Chevrolet has not identified the accelerator pedal sensor as a defected part and no recall currently exists even though it is an integral part of the function of the throttle body sensor. I conducted research in General Motors forums, etc. And this seems to be a common problem among Chevy vehicles. Some individual were traveling at greater speeds with children in vehicles when the vehicle came to an abrupt reduction in speed causing accidents. Problem is that the throttle body sensor is often replaced and the problem will go away for a while, thenwill reoccur due to the failure of the accelerator pedal sensor and the interaction between the two parts the accelerator pedal sensor shall be recalled because of its importance to the function of the throttle body sensor and the history

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Mar 302014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

On March 30, 2014, I noticed the right front parking light of my 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 was illuminated and all the other lights were off. I tried several different things to get the light to turn off and was unsuccessful, so I disconnected the battery until I could have the issue diagnosed. The mechanic identified the problem as a portion of the terminals in the electrical junction block (fuse/relay panel), located in the engine compartment had significant corrosion which caused a short circuit situation. He also noted that there was no corrosion under the junction block where all the wiring harness plug into. He was perplexed because there was no signs of water or chemical damage to the junction block and also the age of the truck and low mileage. He further stated even with the ignition switch turned off, the panel was very hot due of the electrical resistance caused by the corrosion which caused a situation for a fire. He added that a local Chevrolet dealership had a report of a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 that had a engine compartment fire due to a faulty electrical junction block. After conducting search of the internet, this seems to be a problem in 2009-2012 Chevrolet Silverado's. I am concerned that someone is going to park there truck in there garage and a fire will ensue that will cause injury of death.

- Wantage, NJ, USA

Dec 022013

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I notified GM @just over29,000 that service airbag light came on then it would go out my warranty ended 2months never been in a crash trying to get them to pay obvious defect.

- Malden, MA, USA

Jan 272014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that the engine failed to operate until after several attempts. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who informed excessive water leaked into the fuse box. In addition, there were several fuses that corroded. The technician replaced the fuse box. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 97,312.

- Mankato, MN, USA

Oct 222010

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Driving to dallas Texas and freeway 40 East bound about 3:00 am or abit after 3:00 am it began to smell burnt and after that we began to see black smoke in the from of the engine straight from where I drive we traveled about 70-75 miles/ per hour when we tried to stop the truck the lights and locks inside started acting crazy and also the alarm was crazy at the moment we were scared for our lives because we could not stop the truck.

- Delano, CA, USA

Sep 072012

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Truck wouldn't restart when backing out of a driveway on the highway and shifting into drive. Also there is a vibration heard when driving about 30 or 40 miles per hour. Took it to the Chevy dealer where it was bought and they said nothing was wrong with it and that they tested it out.

- Rising Sun, IN, USA

May 052013

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Instrument cluster just went dead. No speed, no tach, no fuel gauge, no engine temp sensor. Was towing sa trailer at the time. Dealer said they would not cover under warranty because they could not verify mileage due to no power to the instrument cluster. Will be calling GM directly.

- Robertsdale, AL, USA

Sep 302011

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Gauges stick 4 wheel drive will not engage intermittently and then will not shut off when engaged intermittently.

Oct 012011

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Entire vehicle shut off as if the key were turned off, this has happened 14 times in thirty months all at various speeds on various highways and at various times of day. You thus loose engine, power steering and power brakes.

Sep 302010

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Engine, powertrain and electrical shut down, fuel shows empty when full, has happened nine times while at speed. Have to coast to stop where ever room can be found, turn key to off and wait then restart.

Jun 082012

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Hypothetical situation 1: electrical fire in car, shorts our power to passenger compartment. Electric windows won't work, power door locks won't work. On GM vehicles, with power door locks there is no way to escape from the passenger compartment. Outcome: Serious injury or death hypothetical situation 2: vehicle submerged in water shorting out power. No way to escape, as electric windows don't work and power locks don't work. Outcome: Serious injury or death hypothetical situation 3: sitting in vehicle, hot summer day, fuse blows, electrical short, or battery dies, with windows up, and doors locked, no way to escape short of breaking window, if able. Needless to say, GM vehicles with power windows and power door locks have a safety issue. Simple solution do as all other auto manufactures do, connect door handles to open door even if locked.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA