2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

Nov 262014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that the dashboard was fractured in several positions, including over the front passenger side air bag. In the event of a crash, the air bag would not function as intended. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Grethef, KY, USA

Aug 262016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dash has cracked where the passenger air bag cover. It appears that if the air bag were to deploy the dash could fracture further and cause bodily harm.

- Keller, TX, USA

Aug 282016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dash has a crack on the corner of the passenger side air bag

- Labelle, FL, USA

Jul 142016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

On 7/14 am I had the Chevrolet dealer put 2 new tires and had an alignment done. We left on trip later that day and in a heavy rain storn near jacksonville, ar, without any warning the truck spun out of control on hwy 167S due to severe hydroplaning. The next day I looked at the tires and they were not the same tires as on the rear or as specified by GM. They should have been P245 and they were MS245. I recall when I first looked at the truck when we picked up at the Chevrolet garage that they did not look "new". they were dusty and dirty and did not have the "new tire stipling" that I have seen on other new tires that I have purchased. I later found out by Goodyear that the tires should have been put on the rear of the vehicle. I have done a lot of driving in snow and rain and when I notice hydroplaning, I slow down. But in this accident there was no warning. When I first called the checrolet dealer they said that 245 euro tires were put on my truck and they were better than the P245 tires and to contact there lawyer. I think the tires they put on that they sold as new, were taken off of another vehicle and put on my truck. I asked them if they would show me the order, bill of lading, and packing slip ane again they referred me to their lawyer.

- Heber Springs, AR, USA

Jan 012016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that the engine mounts and frame were severely rusted. The bolts and nuts in the frame were also corroded and could not be removed. Additionally, all of the undercoating fractured from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the abnormal and extensive amount of corrosion to the frame and undercarriage areas were confirmed. The dealer informed the contact that they would remove all of the rust and corrosion and apply a new undercoating. The failure mileage was 500.

- Peabody, MA, USA

Mar 012016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dash has cracked above passenger side airbag. This has caused safety concerns such as the possibility of the air bag deploying or pieces of the dash coming out and injuring someone if it was to deploy in an accident. I purchased this vehicle used and have only had it about 5 months.

- Kingwood, TX, USA

May 012015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Purchased vehicle with 9000 miles on it July of 2014. Within the last few months found that the frame wax is peeling resulting in the frame rusting. Dealers are advising because of mileage (40K) not their issue

- East Fairfield , VT, USA

Jun 212015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I have a safety issue that I'm not sure what steps I should take in resolving this. Here's what had happen: Last Sunday 6-21-15, my husband and I was working in the garden and we heard a loud pop, approx. 30 feet from us was my truck and the passenger back window bowed out with breakage of glass.we were in shock! nothing was around the truck, birds, people, etc.. I took pictures before we did anything. I searched on the web and found this is a common problem (different types of vehicles). I would like to see if there is a investigation or recall on a situation like this. It concerns me because if I had been driving, my passengers (grand child) this would have been a dangerous situation plus the intense sound would had caused an accident. I'm not sure who would be responsible for this? could you please send me some feed back on what I can and can not do in resolving this. Thank you in advance. Sincerely, a concern citizen

- Lawtey, FL, USA

Sep 012014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

On the way to work on Monday morning, Sept 1st, 2014 as my husband approached a stop light he noticed the vehicle at the light backup lights come on. He thought they may have pulled too far up under the stop light and were just going to back up a little bit so he applied his brakes. The driver of the other vehicle proceeded to push the gas and slam in to the front of my husband's truck then drive off. My husband proceeded to the nearby Pilot fuel stop looked around to see if the other vehicle was there then called the police to file a report. After that he went on to work a few miles down the road. Worked his shift, stopped and put a little gas in his truck and drove the 9 miles home. Parked in the drive went in the house and came back out a few minutes later there was smoke then fire coming from around the front tire of the truck. It soon became engulfed in flames despite the efforts of the local fire department. The truck was a total loss.

- Owingsville, KY, USA

Dec 192013

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

Since I purchased this truck in 12/2013, the rubber door gaskets develop a very strong chemical smell when truck sits in the sun, or when weather is warm, which is most of the time here in Florida. It smells bad enough to cause nausea, which is a distraction when driving the vehicle. I would like to know if there is a remedy to this problem.

- Alachau, FL, USA

Sep 112013

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that upon inspection, it was found that the frame was rusted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was repaired. Exact repair information was unavailable. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 26,632.

- Danbury, CT, USA

Mar 182014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

On Tuesday March 18, 2014 I was driving a 2013 Chevy Silverado and rear ended a Chevy tahao at approximately 20 mph without hitting my brakes. Conditions at the time were clear and dry although very windy. I was the only passenger in my truck. I was wearing my seatbelt. I hit the steering wheel with my chest. The onstar system called to say they could see I was in an accident and help was on the way. I exchanged info with the other driver and returned to my vehicle. The seatbelt was in the extended position and would not extend further or retract. On the display panel it had an 'airbag deployed' icon and message 'service airbag'. my insurance company gave me a auto repair shop to go to for an estimate, however, the shop told me they would not touch the vehicle until a GM representative investigated the system first as they felt the seatbelt should have prevented me from hitting the steering wheel. I called GM and spoke with walter in customer service. He arranged to have a 'third party' investigator come and do a interrogation of the system and arranged for a loaner vehicle. Raytheon representative 'jeff" called me Sunday March 20 and stated he was to interrogate the system and would contact me from the airport when he got to town on Wednesday March 23. On Wednesday March 23 I called jeff to see if he was in town and he stated he was at the airport 'leaving' town, he had done his investigation and determined everything worked like it should. I asked him if I was supposed to hit the steering wheel and he stated he did not agree or disagree.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jan 132014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Silverado. The contact stated that the rubber coating on the rear frame was becoming detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 11,940.

- Marshfield, MO, USA

Mar 212013

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Hit a deer at 47mph on left front of vehicle. Air bag light came on with code B0052 deployment commanded. No air or pretensioner deployed. Contacted GM they sent an inspector out to retrieve crash data from recorder. They contacted me after they received the info from the inspector, and said I needed to take the vehicle to dealer to diagnose concern. There were no codes. They have not told me if there was a problem with the SDM that was replaced.

- Abell, MD, USA