2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Sep 252004

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl

2001 Chevrolet Silverado has broken tailgate straps and I was informed by GM to call my local dealer immediately and have them replaced. Kool chevorlet of grand rapids would not honor this, and told me I would have to purchase them. When I asked what happens if it false off they said it was GMC problem.saftey is obviously not a concern here.I called to make a appointment like my GM documentstated and they stated that I would have to purchase the straps and stated they would still have to be replaced because they were defective.

- Belmont, MI, USA