2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Jan 122009

Silverado 2500

I purchased a "new" 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 utility bed work truck...the dealership ripped me off with the trade in;refused to apply the cash back and down payment assistance GM was offering-and when I got the truck home, saw the inside of toolboxes were rusted...the heater blew, the airconditioning quit working, stereo/cd player quit, as well...the dealer refused to fix the rust;destroyed the pics and service report regarding the trust. The oil cap blows's been replaced several times- and in Jan 2009, truck kept overheating & brake lights went could not find source of engine leak;and failed to fix brake lights, .they state it's not their problem. The truck has 33,000 miles on it-I even purchased an extended warranty-but no one can or will fix it.filed 2nd complaint with GM-they state the service department never documented the engine leak/overheating/brake problem !I took the truck back to dealer day after signed the contract-tried to get it resolved-they hid from me!!!!and sent my trade in to auction...they also failed to inform me of my 3 day right to rescind'so I canceled the loan on Jan.2009-under the tila law. They are refusing to acknowledge my rights as a consumer;I will not pay 23,000 for a truck that is!

- Cheswold, DE, USA