5.8

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Oct 152008

Silverado 2500

I began to have trouble with my light bulbs. When I tried to change bulb I found evidence of poor connection with the plastic of the bulb and of the socket somewhat burned. The filaments of the bulbs were ok. A friend of mine advised me to coat the connection with silicone grease. Recently a Virginia state trooper stopped me for two bulbs not functioning. Same problem. Luckily he waited while I removed the assembly and, yes, the bulbs were fine but not making good contact. He explained that he also has a Chevrolet truck and has the same problem. A former employee of GM in aiken ga told me that GM was supposed to apply this grease to electrical contacts but failed to do so. This is a safety problem or the trooper would not have stopped me!

- Exmore, VA, USA

Sep 242010

Silverado 2500 8-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 diesel. While driving approximately 35 mph, the contact noticed that the lights on the shifter level were no longer illuminated. The contact also stated that his tail lights and the door locks would no longer function. The contact stated that because of the failure, he was unable to determine what gear he was driving in. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and was repaired. The failure mileage was 21,010 and the current mileage was 21,060. The consumer also stated the back-up lights were not working. Updated 04/15/11

- Omaha, NE, USA

Oct 012005

Silverado 2500

My 2005 duramax diesel has repeatedly had the right rear brake/tail light go out. I have had the bulb replaced once by dealer, and paid for it. And the rest of the 4 times my husband and I have replaced the bulb as the dealership cost to replace a bulb is 5 X's the cost of the bulb. My duramax currently has the right rear brake/light bulb out. 2005 Chevrolet, currently has 40, 000 miles.

- Middleburg, FL, USA