9.2

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Jun 042007

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl

On June 4, 2007 approx: 12:30 pm. Uncontrolled acceleration. Came up to a stop sign and rpms revved very loudly and truck took off on its own into the middle of an intersection and jumped out in front of mac trucks. Brake pressure remained on to no avail, and had to push the truck into neutral to regain control. Called dealer to notify, and they said to bring it down. On June 4, 2007 AT2:30 pm. On the way down to the dealer truck again had uncontrolled acceleration. Was at a red light and again had pressure on the brake. As the cars began to move in front of me I lightly took foot off the brake pedal to accelerate without putting the, foot on the gas and the truck revved and took off once again this time landing vehicle on top of a medium strip platform. No damage, but I now had severe concern about driving this truck. On June 6, 2007 I received a call from the dealer saying the computer checked out fine, and drove the truck extensively. I looked on it and it was eight miles, but they could not duplicate the problem. I took the truck home unwillingly, and 57 miles into the ride home once again I stopped for traffic and lightly took foot foot off the brake and the truck accelerates and nearly hit the black Ford in front. Called my husband to make him aware of the situation.and he promptly left a message on the dealer's voice mail.

- Schuylkill Haven, PA, USA