2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Mar 222016

Silverado 2500

Serious risk of fire: This model has an pressure sensor on top of the gas tank (and fuel pump) that when it malfunctions causes strong fuel odors and fuel to escape from the tank and run down the frame and out near the back bumper.

- Rock Island, TN, USA

Aug 022015

Silverado 2500

On Aug 2, 2015 about 25 miles East of grand junction co. Driving speed was about 65 mph on interstae I-70. My Chevy Silverado 2500 went into a computer shut down.being a skilled professional driver, with a class a cdl I just made it to the shoulder before truck shur down, truck and travel trailer I was towing needed to be towed to ed bozarth GM dealer.on Monday I was informed would need to pay $ 775 to determine point of failure. At the time a company called speedco was and maybe suspect as to cause. The did a oil change and fuel filter in w. memphis ar. This service was done on July 24,2015. On July 25,2015 truck no start, speedco came out with another fuel filter. When first fuel filter taken off, there were no gaskets. However GM appears to be conceling material facts as to internal service bulletins. This bulletin as to point failer was printed Aug 3, 2015, 5 pages. A estimate by said dealer was given to speedco and myself in the amount of $ $8,692.02. When the fuel injection pump went, sent metal shavings though my whole system engine, fuel oil, cooling system ect. GM has know about this problem for a long time, however failed to disclose to its customers. In my opinion to allow for warranty to expire. Once speedco was presented with service bulletin they backed down from paying. GM had proved to speedco that GM is the problem. I have contacted GM in detrioit many times with different case numbers. One phone call I got from GM, stated the original estimated stated above was far low. When I asked how much, stated to me could not say however much higher. I'm in possession of a lot of documentation. I havn't scaned the documents yet. This truck was purchased in Oct. Of 2013 for $ 56,000, bank financing. Also this truck was purchased to earn a living pulling new travel trailers. My excellent credit is on the line due to this lemom. Truck had 20K, with warranty.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Aug 212015

Silverado 2500

Driving at approx 35-40 mph approaching a hairpin turn tried to break and vehicle did not slow down slid through the corner into a rock, put the vehicle is reverse and pressed accelerator the vehicle RPM increased on own tried to break the RPM did not diminish(foot off accelerator) before I had time to shut the truck off I hit a tree behind me. It appears something stuck in accelerator (mechanical) or the computer system( electronics) failed. The vehicle has not yet been tested.

- Kalispell, MT, USA

Mar 122014

Silverado 2500 8-cyl

On acceleration from a stop, the RPM's race while shifting. Vehicle acts as if the transmission is slipping from 1-2. early in the life of the vehicle I thought this was only something that happened the first time shifting after pulling out of the garage however, as the truck gets more miles on it, the problem happens more often and when taking off from stops when hot. Vehicle was brought to dealer to diagnose complaint and was told there was a bulletin to address this problem but since the tech couldn't verify it, they didn't do anything. Dealer said I have a good powertrain warranty so if something breaks later I should be covered. Not only is this unprofessional and poor customer service, they literally did nothing to attempt to diagnose or confirm the problem. There seems to be numerous complaints on this site related to RPM racing complaints.

- Cedar Springs, MI, USA

Jun 262014

Silverado 2500 8-cyl

Vehicle unexpectedly accelerated at a gradual increase form 25 to 40 mph on its own Accord. Vehicle did decelerate once brakes were applied. Manufacture notified through the visit to the dealer, and.

- Roanoke, VA, USA