2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Mar 212015

Silverado 2500

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. While driving at approximately 70 mph, the vehicle struck a deer on the highway. The front and rear air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,000.

- Strongsville , OH, USA

Feb 182015

Silverado 2500

The contact owned a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. While driving approximately 60 mph, the contact reached over to turn the heat off and the vehicle went off the road, down a hill, and into a ditch. The vehicle continued on until it crashed into a cable that was connected to a telephone pole. The telephone pole split in half. The seat belt failed to restrain the contact and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries to his back, knee, and hip that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a lot. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 7,956.

- Salem, AL, USA

Jan 142015

Silverado 2500

I was going North when a vehicle suddenly stopped in front of me. I braked as quickly as possible, the 2014 Chevy Silverado that I was driving only slowly came to a stop. Unfortunately, I rearended another vehicle. Thankfully I had not gotten up to the speed limit (30mph) and was only going 20mph. My truck would not brake quickly. No screeching tires, no black marks on the road. The stop was so slow that I had time to turn the steering wheel and only damage part of my front end. The grill, bumper, and hood were smashed in. No airbags came out of the truck, and my onstar service sensor did not go off. After colliding with the vehicle my 2014 Chevy shut off by itself. I had the brake still depressed & put the truck into park.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Jan 142015

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Nov 272014

Silverado 2500

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated while driving approximately 55 mph, the contact crashed into a deer. The air bags deployed however, three minutes later the driver's side air bag deployed a second time without warning. It was unknown if the contact sustained any injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Mcgehee, AR, USA

Jun 032014

Silverado 2500

2014 Chevrolet Silverado. Consumer writes in regards to improperly functioning airbags. The consumer stated the vehicle was taken to the dealer three times, all within the month of June for the same safety issue regarding the air bags. June 3, 2014, the consumer was told upon picking up the vehicle, the air bag wires under the seat had just been disconnected. They said it was a simple fix of pushing the wires back together. On June 17, 2014, when the consumer picked up the vehicle, the consumer was informed the wires were frayed. On June 20, 2014, the air bag light illuminated, and the vehicle was returned to the dealer.

- Redding, CA, USA

Jun 102014

Silverado 2500

My wife & sister were run off the road. They went up a ditch & hit a colvurt. The seatbelts did not lock in place & air bags did not inflate. This was a loaner truck from dealer. It was a 2014 4 door Chevy Silverado from lucas Chevy in columbia tn. 38401. I think the was some sort of trouble with this happening. Pleas call for complete info on this.

- Minor Hill, TN, USA